Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bobby Jindal


Bobby Jindal is a Republican. I am not a Republican. Bobby Jindal is also, arguably, the smartest man in the South. He lost the race for governor of Louisiana, in my opinion, based on the color of his skin.

Kathleen Blanco is a Democrat. I am also a Democrat.

At each debate leading to the 2003 gubernatorial election Mr. Jindal was victorious.
He made Ms. Blanco appear to be the failure that she inevitably turned into. Ms. Blanco's failure to lead during and after the hurricane's of 2005 was the moment that leaps out nationally, but her mishandling of local issues have rendered her re-election chances so slim she decided not to run.

Bobby Jindal's ideas are as forward thinking as any Republican's can be. I am proud to say that I voted for Mr. Jindal in 2003 prior to moving to New York. I wish Mr. Jindal well in the election this year. He will be the leader the State of Louisiana needs to bring a new order of government to the state.

The 2003 election sparked my interest in politics. The national travesty of an election in 2004 deepened my interest. I then moved to New York to begin my career in architecture. Since then my focus has not been on current events, but rather on the insulated world of architecture.

I will write in this journal as often as possible. The main reason for writing is to share my opinions. But, just as importantly, this writing will also serve as a means to stay current.

No comments:

Blog Archive